Friday 17 October 2014

When one Bayswater isn't enough



For me, it’s an oldie but a goodie. It’s the first designer handbag I’ve ever bought, and the one I always revert back to. Simply put, I can’t get enough of the Mulberry Bayswater.

We all want variety in our lives, and sometimes the original doesn’t quite do enough for you. I usually use my Bayswater with all the straps fully extended, because I’m always after a little extra space. So when I look for Bayswater alternatives, I usually look for a bag that will give me a little extra room.

It’s why I purchased the Bayswater Tote (RRP £895). It’s that kind of ‘take with you every day’ bag that can carry you through work and whatever you’ve got going on after. The only downside to the Bayswater Tote, I’ve found, is that there is no inside slip pockets. When you’ve got such a big bag you want to be able to have easy access to your phone, and when it’s sitting at the bottom of such a large space, that’s difficult. It’s probably why I am known for never answering mine. Whenever there’s a message left on my phone, the caller usually begins with, ‘so I guess your phone is at the bottom or your bag...’  I end up using the zip pocket to house my phone and keys for easy access, but this means I have to find another alternative for those items you’d rather kept zipped away (lady products and such like). I use my Coach wrist purse which, as you can see, has seen better days. 



Because the Bayswater style has been so popular, Mulberry has added to the family over the years, first with the Bayswater tote. Here are some of my favourites.


Bayswater Double Zip Tote
RRP £1500


A convenient bag for those that like different compartments, this bag was released after Modalu made the double zip style fashionable with their Pippa bag.



Bayswater Buckle
RRP £1,200


I almost felt like Mulberry made this for me when they released it, as the style is the exact way I use my original Bayswater. The extended sides of this bag gives it a shape quite like Aspinal of London’s Marylebone tote - the bag which saw Aspinal become Mulberry’s biggest competitor in the English market. 


Oversized Bayswater
RRP £1,350


Put the words ‘oversized’ and ‘Bayswater’ together, and I’m sold. While you may be asking, ‘isn’t that just a Piccadilly? Mulberry has made sure it’s not quite that big, and have added extension straps to the front of the bag to both change the look, and enable the wearer to have more arm room. 



Prices are in Pounds Stirling, as per Mulberry’s price list. Items can be purchased online at www.mulberry.com. A delivery fee to Australia applies. Please allow 5-7 days for shipping.

***Images courtesy of Mulberry, Polyvore and Giorge Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment